Looking for ways to point your kids to Jesus? The Fruit of the Spirit is PATIENCE Kids Activities pack is full of simple ideas to teach kids what patience is in an engaging way. This hands on study of Galatians 5:22-23 is aimed to help your family connect, play, learn, and grow in God’s Word together.
I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I have said the phrase, “Be patient” to my girls. I know I’m in good company, because it’s a pretty common phrase for parents of little ones. I’m so excited/nervous to dive into learning about patience because I know that this is definitely an area that needs some work in my own life. In case you missed love, joy, and peace you can find them HERE. Today I’m so thrilled to share with you the Fruit of the Spirit is Patience pack. This week is all about learning that we can be patient and wait cheerfully with God’s help and give grace to others even when they make mistakes.
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of downloading each packet and want everything in an organized PDF you can purchase The Fruit of the Spirit Bible Pack for $12 HERE in my shop. It’s designed to make it extra easy for you, plus it includes a TON of extra resources to help your family dive into the Fruit of the Spirit.
I think we all think of patience as being able to wait with a cheerful and calm heart and being able to wait to do things instead of doing what we want to do right now, but the verse this week gives new insight on what it also means to be patient. It’s so much more being able to wait our turn in line at the slide.
Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. [Ephesians 4:2, NLT]
I have never thought about how patience is demonstrated as we make allowance for each other’s faults. Patience is giving grace to others (even people that aren’t easy to get along with) and loving them even when they make mistakes. How perfectly God shows us this. He is SO patient with us when we mess up time and time again.
Here’s the Supplies You’ll Need:
This post includes affiliate links for your convenience. I only share things that I truly love and think you will too. Clicking these links to purchase will help support my blog so I can keep creating fun things to share with you. You will never pay more by using an affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Hands on: Sweet Treat Test of Patience
- A Favorite Sweet Treat (gummy bears, m&m’s, fruit snacks, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips)
- 2 Small Bowls or Bags (per person)
- Create: Mail a Letter & Ask for One Back Activity
- Cardstock or Construction Paper
- Crayons, Markers, or Colored Pencils to Decorate Card
- Make: Fresh Pineapple
- Whole Pineapple
- The Jesus Storybook Bible (Optional, but the Fruit of the Spirit is Patience pack includes the story suggestion)
The Fruit of the Spirit is Patience Activity Instructions
Hands On: Sweet Treat Test of Patience Object Lesson
- Supplies: A Favorite Sweet Treat (gummy bears, m&m’s, fruit snacks, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips), 2 Small Bowls or Bags (per person)
- Place one treat in one bowl and a handful of the treat in the second bowl.
- Offer the treat to your child before dinner, but let them know they have an option. Either they can have the first bowl that has only one treat in it before dinner or if they wait patiently until after dinner they can have the second bowl that has a lot more.
- Talk about it: Depending on which option your child chose you can talk about whether they were patient or not and why they chose to be patient or wait or impatient and eat the treat.
Create: Mail a Letter & Ask for One Back Activity
- Supplies: Cardstock or Construction Paper, Crayons, Markers, or Colored Pencils to Decorate Card, Envelopes, Stamps
- Fold cardstock or construction paper in half to make a card.
- Invite your child to decorate the card so that they can mail it to a friend, grandparent, or other relative.
- Put the card in an envelope, address it, put the stamp on, and take your child to the post office to mail the card.
- Talk About It: Talk about how you will now wait for the friend, grandparent, or relative to write back. You can talk about how they have to be patient because mail can take a while to receive.
*Tip: Let the recipient know you are sending the letter to them so they can look for it and send something back within a reasonable window. You might want to include a return stamp/envelope as well.
Make: Fresh Pineapple (Cut one up with your family!)
- Supplies: Whole Pineapple, Knife
- Cut up a whole pineapple with your family.
- Enjoy pineapple together!
- Talk About It: It takes a while to cut up a pineapple, use this hands on opportunity to talk about patience and how it requires patience to wait to eat the pineapple together as a family.
BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS PATIENCE PACK BY CLICKING THE BUTTON BELOW:
If your family has enjoyed the Fruit of the Spirit is PATIENCE pack, then you’re going to absolutely love the Fruit of the Spirit Bible Activity Pack which includes all of the files (+ lots of extra goodies!) in an easy to download PDF. You can purchase the complete pack in my shop for just $12. The pack includes an activity print, supplies list, and instructions page (with activity photo) for each fruit. It also includes a TON of extra resources to help your family dive into the Fruit of the Spirit such as an introduction to the Fruit of the Spirit, parent connect + reflect cards, verse cards, coloring pages, a fruit banner that your kids can color and hang up, a Fruit of the Spirit memory game and so much more.
As you and your family learn about and put patience into action this week I pray that you’ll have new eyes to see each other the way God sees us and out of your love for each other grace will be the first response even when mistakes are made. What joy we have in the reminder that God is perfectly patient with us and wants to help us show patience to others that He so dearly loves.
Looking for additional Fruit of the Spirit Activities? Find them here:
SHARE THE LOVE AND PIN THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS PATIENCE IMAGE BELOW FOR LATER!
What a great printable and what great bible verses. Through love all things are possible- even patience!