Looking for ways to point your kids to Jesus? This Fruit of the Spirit is LOVE Kids Activities pack is full of simple ideas to teach kids what love is in an engaging way. This hands on study of Galatians 5:22-23 is aimed to help your family connect, play, learn, and grow in God’s Word together.
Hip Hip Hooray! Camp Littles & Me Fruit of the Spirit is HERE! Are you excited for a fruit filled summer? I know I am. Today I’m so excited to kick things off and share the Fruit of the Spirit is Love pack with you.
Before we get started, if you’re not familiar with Camp Littles and Me here’s the backstory. Camp Littles & Me was designed as a resource to help families connect, play, learn, and grow together. I do all the planning work for you & give you the supply list, instructions, and any printables you might need so you can spend less time on your phone trying to come up with ideas and MORE time being present with your family. This year I’m so excited to be diving into The Fruit of the Spirit in a fun and engaging way!
PS: If you don’t want to go through the hassle of downloading each packet and want everything in an organized PDF you can purchase The Fruit of the Spirit Bible Pack for $12 HERE in my shop. It’s designed to make it extra easy for you, plus it includes a TON of extra resources to help your family dive into the Fruit of the Spirit.
The first fruit that we’ll be diving into is love. Love is patient, kind, rejoices over truth. Always trusts, hopes, and perseveres. It is NOT jealous, it doesn’t brag, it isn’t proud, rude, selfish, angry, and it takes no pleasure in evil. The activities this week are all focused around this one powerful truth: I was created to love God and love others. I don’t know about you, but every time I read through how God defines what love is, I’m made more keenly aware that I want Him to grow more love in my own heart as well as in the hearts of my kiddos. Ready to get started?
Here’s the supplies you’ll need:
This post includes affiliate links for your convenience. I only share things that I truly love and think you will too. Clicking these links to purchase will help support my blog so I can keep creating fun things to share with you. You will never pay more by using an affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Hands On: Overflowing Love Object Lesson
- Large Cup
- Baking Soda
- Red Food Coloring
- Large Plate or Tray
- Tablespoon & Measuring Cups
- Create: Raised Salt Cross Painting
- Make: Strawberry Popsicles
- Fresh Strawberries
- Lemon Juice
- Popsicle Molds
- Blender or Food Processor
- The Jesus Storybook Bible (Optional, but the Fruit of the Spirit is Love pack includes the story suggestion)
The Fruit of the Spirit is LOVE Activity Instructions
Hands On: Overflowing Love Object Lesson
- Supplies: Large cup, Baking Soda, Vinegar, Red Food Coloring, Tablespoon, Measuring Cup, Large Plate or Tray
- Put a large plate or tray under each cup (The empty cup represents the emptiness in our hearts without Jesus).
- Squirt a little bit of red food coloring into each cup (Jesus died on the cross to pay the price for your sin because He loves you so much).
- Add a TBSP of baking soda to each cup (When you give your heart to Jesus, He washes it clean and gives you the Holy Spirit to help you follow, obey, and love Him and love other people).
- Slowly pour in about 1/2 cup of vinegar (Because He first loved us, the Holy Spirit at work in our hearts bubbles up inside and causes His love to overflow out of our hearts and show love to others).
Create: Raised Salt Cross Painting
- Supplies: Cross Printable, Cardstock, Bottle of Glue, Table Salt, Watercolors, Paint Brush
- Print the cross printable on heavy cardstock.
- Squeeze a thin line of glue along the edge of the cross so that it is outlined with glue.
- Sprinkle table salt all over the glue.
- Pour off the excess salt.
- Dip your paint brush into the watercolor paint of your choice. Gently touch the salt with your brush and watch the color spread.
- Let your artwork dry thoroughly (it may take a little longer than normal).
Make: Strawberry Popsicles
- Supplies: 3 Cups Hulled Strawberries, 1 Cup Milk, 1/4 Cup Honey, 1 TBS Lemon Juice, Popsicle Molds, Blender or Food Processor
- Add all of your ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Carefully pour the strawberry mixture into popsicle molds.
- Place in freezer for about 4 hours or until set.
- *Tip: Before serving, hold the popsicles under warm running water for about 30 seconds before removing the popsicles to help loosen them from the molds + easily pull them out.
Be sure to download the Fruit of the Spirit is Love Pack below:
Download the Fruit of the Spirit is LOVE Activities Packet
Enter your name and email address to download the Fruit of the Spirit is LOVE Activities Packet.
If your family has enjoyed the Fruit of the Spirit is LOVE pack, then you’re going to absolutely love the Fruit of the Spirit Bible Activity Pack which includes all of the files (+ lots of extra goodies!) in an easy to download PDF. You can purchase the complete pack in my shop for just $12. The pack includes an activity print, supplies list, and instructions page (with activity photo) for each fruit. It also includes a TON of extra resources to help your family dive into the Fruit of the Spirit such as an introduction to the Fruit of the Spirit, parent connect + reflect cards, verse cards, coloring pages, a fruit banner that your kids can color and hang up, a Fruit of the Spirit memory game and so much more.
The extra printables won’t be available on my blog and are only included when you purchase the pack! If you’re interested you can click the button below to find out more details and purchase the Fruit of the Spirit Bible Activity Pack.
As you and your family dive into what love truly is, I pray that you will encounter God’s love in a powerful way and that out of the overflow of His love in your life, you can’t help but want to love others.
Looking for additional Fruit of the Spirit Activities? Find them here:
Share the LOVE and pin the Fruit of the Spirit is Love image below for later!