Looking for ways to point your kids to Jesus? The Fruit of the Spirit is KINDNESS Kids Activities pack is full of simple ideas to teach kids what kindness is in an engaging way. This hands on study of Galatians 5:22-23 is aimed to help your family connect, play, learn, and grow in God’s Word together.
I think it’s pretty safe to say that most parents want to raise their kids to be kind. But what does that mean exactly? What does kindness look like in everyday life? I’m so excited to dive into those questions and explore kindness in action. In case you missed love, joy, peace, and patience you can find them HERE. Today I’m so thrilled to share with you the Fruit of the Spirit is Kindness pack. This week is all about how we can be kind and value others above ourself because God shows us how.
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of downloading each packet and want everything in an organized PDF you can purchase The Fruit of the Spirit Bible Pack for $12 HERE in my shop. It’s designed to make it extra easy for you, plus it includes a TON of extra resources to help your family dive into the Fruit of the Spirit.
Kindness is love lived out. It is valuing others above myself by being friendly, loving, thoughtful, and considerate. I really like how the verse this week tells us exactly what kindness in action looks like—valuing others above ourselves and looking to the interests of others.
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility, value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of others. [Philippians 2:3-4, NIV]
When I am kind I really see others around me and look for opportunities to serve them like Jesus.
Here’s the Supplies You’ll Need:
This post includes affiliate links for your convenience. I only share things that I truly love and think you will too. Clicking these links to purchase will help support my blog so I can keep creating fun things to share with you. You will never pay more by using an affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Hands on: Your Words are Like Toothpaste Object Lesson
- New Toothpaste (Check your local dollar store)
- Construction Paper
- Create: Confetti Poppers (Throw Kindness Around Like Confetti)
- Make: Frozen Grapes on a Stick
- Kebab Skewers
- The Jesus Storybook Bible (Optional, but the Fruit of the Spirit is Kindness pack includes the story suggestion)
The Fruit of the Spirit is Kindness Activity Instructions
Hands On: Your Words are Like Toothpaste Object Lesson
- Supplies: New Toothpaste, Construction Paper, Tape, Marker, Plate
- Wrap a piece of construction paper around a tube of toothpaste (and secure it with tape).
- Write “Words” on the construction paper with a marker.
- Invite your kids to squeeze out the toothpaste onto the plate as fast as they can. They might be surprised how fast it comes out!
- Once they have emptied the toothpaste onto the plate tell them that now their job is to put it all back in the tube. They won’t be able to put much (if any) of the toothpaste back. Explain that the toothpaste is just like the words that come out of our mouth. Our words have the power to lift people up or tear them down. If we are not careful, hurtful words can spill out of our mouth and we can’t take them back. You can’t put words back into your mouth just like you can’t put the toothpaste back into the tube.
Create: Confetti Poppers (Throw Kindness Like Confetti!)
- Supplies: Balloons (be sure to supervise your kiddos with these), Toilet Paper Rolls, Scissors, Duct Tape, Confetti, Supplies to Decorate With
- Tie your balloon in a knot and cut off the tip. Carefully stretch the balloon over the toilet paper tube and secure the balloon to the toilet paper tube with a piece of duct tape.
- Use paper, stickers, markers, crayons, glitter glue, washi tape, etc. to decorate the tubes.
- Place confetti inside the tube (either use pre-made or you can make your own by using colorful paper and a hole punch).
- To launch the confetti, pull down on the knot of the balloon and let go!
Make: Frozen Grapes on a Stick
- Supplies: Grapes, Kebab Skewers
- Put the grapes on skewers.
- Place in the freezer for about 2 hours (or until frozen).
BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS Kindness PACK BY CLICKING THE BUTTON BELOW:
If your family has enjoyed the Fruit of the Spirit is KINDNESS pack, then you’re going to absolutely love the Fruit of the Spirit Bible Activity Pack which includes all of the files (+ lots of extra goodies!) in an easy to download PDF. You can purchase the complete pack in my shop for just $12. The pack includes an activity print, supplies list, and instructions page (with activity photo) for each fruit. It also includes a TON of extra resources to help your family dive into the Fruit of the Spirit such as an introduction to the Fruit of the Spirit, parent connect + reflect cards, verse cards, coloring pages, a fruit banner that your kids can color and hang up, a Fruit of the Spirit memory game and so much more.
As you and your family learn about and put kindness into action this week, I pray that you’ll have new ideas to live love out and a fresh understanding of God’s kindness to us. It’s amazing how kindness truly can spread like wildfire. I hope you’ll dive right in with your family and look for simple ways to toss kindness into your community like confetti!
Looking for additional Fruit of the Spirit Activities? Find them here:
SHARE THE LOVE AND PIN THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS KINDNESS IMAGE BELOW FOR LATER!