Looking for ways to point your kids to Jesus? The Fruit of the Spirit is JOY Kids Activities pack is full of simple ideas to teach kids what love is in an engaging way. This hands on study of Galatians 5:22-23 is aimed to help your family connect, play, learn, and grow in God’s Word together.
I don’t know about your family, but we sure had so much fun exploring and diving into learning all about Love. In case you missed it, you can check it out HERE. Next up? JOY! Today I’m excited to share with you the Fruit of the Spirit is Joy pack. It’s bright, cheerful, and all about the God given gladness that doesn’t change if good or bad things happen.
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of downloading each packet and want everything in an organized PDF you can purchase The Fruit of the Spirit Bible Pack for $12 HERE in my shop. It’s designed to make it extra easy for you, plus it includes a TON of extra resources to help your family dive into the Fruit of the Spirit.
I’ve got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart… WHERE?! Please tell me I’m not the only one who sings that song at the sound of the word joy. Hello, childhood memories.
This week we’ll be learning that even in unhappy moments we can be joyful. The activities this week are all focused around this one powerful truth: I am filled with joy when I spend time with God. I absolutely love the verse for this week.
You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. [Psalm 16:11, NIV]
This foundational truth that joy is only found in God’s presence is something that I want to impress upon my kiddos hearts, because it’s so important for them to know that we can have joy even in the difficult moments of life.
Here’s the Supplies You’ll Need:
This post includes affiliate links for your convenience. I only share things that I truly love and think you will too. Clicking these links to purchase will help support my blog so I can keep creating fun things to share with you. You will never pay more by using an affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Hands on: Filled with Joy Balloon Experiment
- Baking Soda
- Empty Plastic Water Bottle
- Safety Glasses
- Optional but very helpful: Funnel
- Create: A Joyful Noise Band
- Musical Instruments (You could also get creative and have your kids make their own instruments)
- Worship Music (Some of our favorites are: Rend Collective, The Ology, Getty Kids Hymnal—For the Cause)
- Make: Copycat Orange Julius
- Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate
- The Jesus Storybook Bible (Optional, but the Fruit of the Spirit is Joy pack includes the story suggestion)
The Fruit of the Spirit is Joy Activity Instructions
Hands On: Filled with Joy Balloon Experiment
- Supplies: Balloons, Sharpie, Baking Soda, Vinegar, Plastic Water Bottle, Tablespoon, Funnel (Optional, but very helpful) , Safety Glasses
- Optional: Write your child’s name on the balloon with a Sharpie (The balloon represents your child).
- Fill empty water bottle about a 1/3 of the way with vinegar (Represents the Holy Spirit at work in their heart).
- Insert the funnel into the opening of the balloon, scoop a spoonful of baking soda into the funnel to fill the inside of the balloon (Represents spending time getting to know God. Talk about ways we can do this—Reading His Word, Prayer, Worship, etc.)
- Attach the balloon to the plastic water bottle filled with vinegar.
- Slowly lift up the balloon and watch what happens next (The Holy Spirit fills us with joy when we spend time getting to know God. Joy comes from being with God which means you can be joyful even in unhappy moments).
Create: A Joyful Noise Band
- Supplies: Musical Instruments (Use instruments you have, make your own, or use pots, pans, & kitchen utensils), Worship Music
- Turn on your favorite worship music.
- Sing, dance, & play your instruments to create a joyful noise unto the Lord!
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music; make music to the Lord with the harp, with the harp and the sound of singing, with trumpets and the blast of the ram’s horn shout for joy before the Lord, the King. [Psalm 98:4-6, NIV]
Make: Copycat Orange Julius
- Supplies: Frozen orange juice concentrate (6oz), 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of water, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tsp vanilla, 1 cup ice cubes, blender
- Pour all of the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into cups + enjoy!
*Optional: Garnish cups with an orange slice and fun straw!
BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS JOY PACK BY CLICKING THE BUTTON BELOW:
If your family has enjoyed the Fruit of the Spirit is JOY pack, then you’re going to absolutely love the Fruit of the Spirit Bible Activity Pack which includes all of the files (+ lots of extra goodies!) in an easy to download PDF. You can purchase the complete pack in my shop for just $12. The pack includes an activity print, supplies list, and instructions page (with activity photo) for each fruit. It also includes a TON of extra resources to help your family dive into the Fruit of the Spirit such as an introduction to the Fruit of the Spirit, parent connect + reflect cards, verse cards, coloring pages, a fruit banner that your kids can color and hang up, a Fruit of the Spirit memory game and so much more.
As you and your family dive into what joy truly is, I pray that you will be filled with an incredible gladness that only comes from spending time with God.
Looking for additional Fruit of the Spirit Activities? Find them here:
SHARE THE LOVE AND PIN THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS JOY IMAGE BELOW FOR LATER!
thank you so much for this beautiful gift !!