Looking for ways to point your kids to Jesus? The Fruit of the Spirit is GOODNESS Kids Activities pack is full of simple ideas to teach kids what goodness is in an engaging way. This hands on study of Galatians 5:22-23 is aimed to help your family connect, play, learn, and grow in God’s Word together.
In what ways have you tasted and seen that the Lord is good? I love how God doesn’t just tell us that He is good. Instead He gives us daily reminders that are active and tangible. There’s so many ways to see God’s goodness especially when we look at the reflection of who He is that’s displayed in creation. Today I’m so eager to share with you the Fruit of the Spirit is Goodness pack. In case you missed love, joy, peace, patience, and kindness you can find them HERE. This week is all about how God is good and loving to us all of the time and only His power working in us can create goodness in our heart.
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of downloading each packet and want everything in an organized PDF you can purchase The Fruit of the Spirit Bible Pack for $12 HERE in my shop. It’s designed to make it extra easy for you, plus it includes a TON of extra resources to help your family dive into the Fruit of the Spirit.
Goodness models Christ’s actions of love, humility, and forgiveness. It shows integrity, honesty, and compassion towards others. It is only possible through God’s power at work in our heart. I love the reminder in our verse this week that it is God at work in us that fulfills His good purpose. It’s all Him, not us.
For it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. [Philippians 2:13, NIV]
Not only can we see God’s goodness displayed through the way He loves, guides, and cares for us, but we can also see it everyday in creation. Creation reflects God—His nature, character, and goodness. Creation points us to the Creator.
Here’s the Supplies You’ll Need:
This post includes affiliate links for your convenience. I only share things that I truly love and think you will too. Clicking these links to purchase will help support my blog so I can keep creating fun things to share with you. You will never pay more by using an affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Hands on: Goodness on the Inside Banana Object Lesson
- Bananas (When picking the ripeness, be sure to consider when you are going to do the object lesson. You’ll want them to be yellow with no brown spots for the lesson).
- Pens or Sharpie Markers (Depending on your kids ages and your bravery level with letting them use permanent markers).
- Create: Taste & See Citrus Stamped Painting
- Make: Blueberry Smoothie
- Frozen Blueberries
- Vanilla (or plain) Greek Yogurt
- Your Favorite Milk
- Optional: Honey & Frozen Banana
- The Jesus Storybook Bible (Optional, but the Fruit of the Spirit is Kindness pack includes the story suggestion)
The Fruit of the Spirit is Goodness Activity Instructions
Hands On: Goodness on the Inside Banana Object Lesson
- Supplies: Bananas, Pens or Sharpie Markers
- Pass out a banana to each member of your family.
- Instruct everyone to decorate the outside of their banana.
- Once everyone is finished decorating, peel open the bananas. Talk about how what we see on the outside appearance of a person doesn’t show us what is on the inside (in their heart). Only God sees our hearts & only the Holy Spirit working inside of us can create goodness in our heart. If someone opens up a banana that has brown spots, that’s a great opportunity to reiterate how what’s on the outside doesn’t always show us what’s on the inside.
Create: Taste & See Citrus Stamped Painting
- Supplies: Taste & See Printable (Free download below), Cardstock, Lemons, Limes, Oranges, or Grapefruit, Paint, Plate, Knife (to cut fruit in half)
- Print out the Taste & See Printable on cardstock.
- Cut the citrus fruit of your choice in half.
- Squeeze paint onto a plate.
- Dip the fruit in the paint and then stamp it on the paper.
- Let dry completely before hanging up.
Make: Blueberry Smoothie
- Supplies: 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries, 1/2 cup Vanilla (or plain) Greek Yogurt, 1 Cup of Your Favorite Milk, Optional: Honey & Frozen Banana (to taste), Blender
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender.
- Blend together for a delicious blueberry smoothie!
If you love smoothies, be sure to check out some of our other favorite smoothie recipes.
BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS GOODNESS PACK BY CLICKING THE BUTTON BELOW:
If your family has enjoyed the Fruit of the Spirit is GOODNESS pack, then you’re going to absolutely love the Fruit of the Spirit Bible Activity Pack which includes all of the files (+ lots of extra goodies!) in an easy to download PDF. You can purchase the complete pack in my shop for just $12. The pack includes an activity print, supplies list, and instructions page (with activity photo) for each fruit. It also includes a TON of extra resources to help your family dive into the Fruit of the Spirit such as an introduction to the Fruit of the Spirit, parent connect + reflect cards, verse cards, coloring pages, a fruit banner that your kids can color and hang up, a Fruit of the Spirit memory game and so much more.
As you and your family learn about goodness this week I pray that you will have a fresh glimpse of God’s goodness and that you will see His heart reflected in every aspect of your life. He is good and loving to us all of the time. Isn’t that absolutely incredible and something to celebrate?!
Looking for additional Fruit of the Spirit Activities? Find them here:
SHARE THE LOVE AND PIN THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS GOODNESS IMAGE BELOW FOR LATER!
very simple and reassuring.
Does the packet contain activities for: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-Control?
Yes! It includes activities for all nine of the Fruit of the Spirit. Hope that helps!
[…] help the boys understand goodness, I found this great idea to try to help kids understand in a tangible […]
This has been so helpful to me when planning lessons for my church kids! Thank you so much! 🙂