This time of year is my favorite. It’s not too hot and we get to play outside almost every day. PRAISE! One of our favorite ways to play outside are movement games. Not only are they loads of fun, but they also get all of the kiddo energy out. Goodness, I wish I could figure out how to bottle that energy up so I could have some! Today I’m sharing this fun printable Bumblebee Stop Slow Go Game that’s perfect to get the wiggles out and learn through play all at the same time.
We are working on learning how to stop when mama says STOP. I don’t know if it’s just this age, but whew! Bridgett is definitely trying to figure out what she can and can’t get away with. Obviously for safety reasons being able to listen and STOP is a very important skill, but it’s been a struggle. Since kids learn best through play, we’ve been playing and learning this week with the help of some friendly bumblebees and their magic flowers. These little bees have helped us practice what it means to stop, slow, and go in a fun and hands on way.
While we have enjoyed playing this game outside I also love that you can easily play it indoors which is perfect for rainy days or when the weather is cooler. This game is a bit of twist on red light green light. Do you remember playing that as a kid? I sure do!
Bumblebee Stop Slow Go Game
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bumblebee Stop Slow Go Game Printable (Download at the bottom of this post)
- Popsicle Sticks or Straws to adhere flowers and bees to
- *Optional: Laminator & Laminator Sleeves
How to Put it Together:
- Print out the Bumblebee Stop Slow Go Game Printable
- Use scissors to cut around each flower and bumblebee
- Laminate for added durability
- Glue each flower and bee onto a popsicle stick
How to play:
- To play, one person is chosen to be the Stop Slow Go flower holder.
- All the other players stand on the other side of the yard (or room) with a bumblebee in hand.
- When the flower holder holds up the Go flower the players run as fast as they can, when the flower hold holds up the Slow flower the players go as slow as they can, and when the flower holder holds up the Stop flower the players stop.
- If a bumblebee player is moving when they should be stopping they have to go back to the start line to start over.
- The goal is to get the bumblebee over to the flower while listening and following each cue to Stop Slow and Go!
The bumblebee players can make buzzing sounds while they are buzzing towards the flowers for even more imaginary play. This activity was also a great opportunity to talk about how flowers provide bees food for their families as they take the nectar back to the hive and also how the flowers benefit from the bees as well.
After we played the Stop Slow Go game several times the girls continued playing with the bees while we sat on the porch.
Even Libby joined in on the buzzing bee fun!
I hope you and your little ones have an un-BEE-lievable time playing this game. Be sure to grab the free printable at the bottom of this post.
Love this? Pin it for later!
Download the Printable Bumblebee Stop Slow Go Game
Enter your name and email address to download the Printable Bumblebee Stop Slow Go Game + receive the password to the Littles & Me FREE Printable Resource Library. Already have the password? Login HERE.
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment