Looking for ways to point your kids to Jesus? The Fruit of the Spirit is PEACE Kids Activities pack is full of simple ideas to teach kids what love is in an engaging way. This hands on study of Galatians 5:22-23 is aimed to help your family connect, play, learn, and grow in God’s Word together.
I’ve got peace like a river I’ve got peace like a river I’ve got peace like a river in my soul…IN MY SOUL. Anyone else remember that song from your childhood? You might be asking what do pool noodles, whisks, cake pans, and watermelon have in common? Absolutely nothing! But this week we’re going to use them to hopefully learn a little more about what peace means in a hands on way. In case you missed love and joy, you can find them HERE. Today I’m so thrilled to share with you the Fruit of the Spirit is Peace pack. This week is all about learning that we can have true peace by trusting in God. Hallelujah for that!
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of downloading each packet and want everything in an organized PDF you can purchase The Fruit of the Spirit Bible Pack for $12 HERE in my shop. It’s designed to make it extra easy for you, plus it includes a TON of extra resources to help your family dive into the Fruit of the Spirit.
True peace can only be found by trusting in God. He’s the only one who can bring peace to our hearts! The activities this week are all focused around this important truth: His peace helps me to not be afraid or worried about anything. The verse this week is such a great reminder that we don’t have to worry, because God is in control. He wants us to bring all of our life to Him. He wants to talk to us!
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. [Philippians 4:6-7, NIV]
In a world that is anything but peaceful, we can be a shining beacon of light that radiates God’s peace. We can have freedom from being afraid or worried because God is in control of the whole entire world. That’s definitely a truth that I want deeply planted in my own heart and in the hearts of my girls!
Here’s the Supplies You’ll Need:
This post includes affiliate links for your convenience. I only share things that I truly love and think you will too. Clicking these links to purchase will help support my blog so I can keep creating fun things to share with you. You will never pay more by using an affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Hands on: Peaceful & Serene vs. Loud & Noisy Music Comparison
- Peaceful music (we are loving this album)
- Baking sheet, pans, or other kitchen items for your kids to use as instruments
- Spoon or whisk
- Create: Backyard Boats
- Make: Watermelon Pops
- Sliced Watermelon
- Popsicle Sticks
- The Jesus Storybook Bible (Optional, but the Fruit of the Spirit is Peace pack includes the story suggestion)
The Fruit of the Spirit is Peace Activity Instructions
Hands On: Peaceful & Serene vs. Loud & Noisy Music Comparison
- Supplies: Peaceful music, baking sheet, pans, or other kitchen items for your kids to use as instruments, spoon or whisk
- Turn on a very peaceful song and listen to it with your kids.
- When the song is over invite your kids into the kitchen to grab a baking sheet, pan, or other kitchen items as well as a spoon or a whisk. Tell them that now they get to play their own song with their kitchen instruments.
- After they have finished playing their song, gather the items and put them away. Sit down and talk about which song was more peaceful. What made it peaceful? Talk about how God gives us peace so we can be calm just like the first song.
Create: Backyard Boats
- Supplies: Pool Noodle, Plastic Straws, Foam Sheet, Scissors, Hole Punch, Large Plastic Bin, Water, Optional: Blue Food Coloring
- Use scissors (or a knife) to cut the pool noodle into 2-3″ slices.
- Cut triangles out of the foam sheet and punch a hole at the top and the bottom.
- Put the straw through the two holes (to make the sail).
- Cut the straw to your desired length and then poke into the pool noodle.
- Fill a large bin with water in your backyard (add blue food coloring if you want) & add the boats—use your hand to create waves in the water and reenact how Jesus calmed the storm.
Make: Watermelon Pops
- Supplies: Sliced Watermelon, Popsicle Sticks
- Cut the watermelon into wedges.
- Stick a popsicle stick into the rind.
*Tip: Place the watermelon pops in the freezer for an extra cold + tasty sweet treat!
BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS PEACE PACK BY CLICKING THE BUTTON BELOW:
If your family has enjoyed the Fruit of the Spirit is PEACE pack, then you’re going to absolutely love the Fruit of the Spirit Bible Activity Pack which includes all of the files (+ lots of extra goodies!) in an easy to download PDF. You can purchase the complete pack in my shop for just $12. The pack includes an activity print, supplies list, and instructions page (with activity photo) for each fruit. It also includes a TON of extra resources to help your family dive into the Fruit of the Spirit such as an introduction to the Fruit of the Spirit, parent connect + reflect cards, verse cards, coloring pages, a fruit banner that your kids can color and hang up, a Fruit of the Spirit memory game and so much more.
As you and your family dive into what peace is, I pray that you will encounter the One that brings true peace to our hearts. What freedom we have in knowing that God holds the entire world in His hands. He knows, sees, cares deeply, and wants to fill our hearts with His perfect peace that surpasses all understanding!
Looking for additional Fruit of the Spirit Activities? Find them here:
SHARE THE LOVE AND PIN THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS PEACE IMAGE BELOW FOR LATER!